Sunday, March 17, 2013

loved

This past week, I feel like God has just continued to shower so much love on me. Spring feels closer, we're looking forward to remembering the hope of Easter, and my friends and family just continue to love on me in ways I don't deserve.

My dear friend Ann went to a JJ Heller concert last fall, and soon after sent me a video of a performance of this song. In the email she told me to have my tissues ready. Ann told me that at that concert she played a lot of new songs that I really needed to hear when the time came... so when her new album, Loved, came available for pre-order, I was all over it. Well, the CD finally arrived in the mail earlier this week, and has been reinforcing truth in my heart ever since. The songs are full of promises of hope, of God's goodness when things feel hopeless, of redemption, and the simplicity and wonder of His love.

This song, "Who You Are", makes me cry, but the truth of the refrain is something I need to hear time and time again. It's beautiful.

Sometimes I don't know, I don't know what You're doing
But I know who You are

No comments:

Post a Comment